Advisory Board Information
Here at Books & Company, we are have formed Kid and Teen advisory boards to build a strong reading community, to help us understand what our community likes to read, and to have fun talking about books. We receive many Advanced Reader Copies, what we call ARCs or galleys, from the publishers to review before they are available to the public.
We would love your help in reading through them. If you are interested, here is what we are expecting from our board members:
- The boards meet on the third Sunday of each month (if this falls on a holiday weekend, we will move it to the Sunday before and December will not hold a meeting due to vacations and general craziness of the time of year.)
- The Kid's Advisory Board will meet at 2:30 p.m. and the Teen Advisory Board will meet at 3:30 p.m. The meeting will last between 30 and 45 minutes. Bookseller Chloe will be heading these meetings.
- You will be expected to attend at least 5 meetings a year. No meetings in December and if the meeting date falls on a holiday, it will be the Sunday before.
- You can borrow 4 ARCs at a time to read through and review.
- You will be expected to turn in a written review of the books you read. These reviews will be shared with the publishers, authors, and/ or the Books & Company reading community through social media posts, our newsletter, and in the bookstore.
- Reviews are to be emailed to Chloe at email@example.com . Please put the name of the book and release date in the header of the email. Only send one review per email and do not send it as an attachment, but in the body of the email. The body of the email needs to include the title of the book, author, publisher, review and how you would like the review signed (first name and if you want to include your age, school, etc)
- You never have to finish an ARC you don't like, but please explain in at least one sentence why you did not like it and send it in an email to to firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the day of the meetings, you and your family will receive a 20% discount on your purchases made at Books & Company.
- If you are interested in being a board member, please send Chloe a written review of a book you have read in the last year that you loved. The review should be 3-5 sentences long and less than 100 words. You can email it to email@example.com