The Heirloom Murders (Chloe Ellefson Mysteries) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
- #1: Old World Murder (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #1) (Compact Disc): $42.99
- #2: The Heirloom Murders (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #2) (Compact Disc): $44.99
- #3: The Light Keeper's Legacy (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #3) (MP3 CD): $29.99
- #4: Heritage of Darkness (Chloe Ellefson Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $15.99
- #5: Tradition of Deceit (Chloe Ellefson Mysteries #5) (Paperback): $15.99
- #6: Death on the Prairie (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #6) (Paperback): $14.99
- #7: A Memory of Muskets (Chloe Ellefson Mysteries #7) (Paperback): $14.99
- #8: Mining for Justice (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #8) (Paperback): $15.99
- #9: The Lacemaker's Secret (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #9) (Paperback): $15.99
- #10: Fiddling with Fate (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #10) (Paperback): $15.99
As collections curator for Old World Wisconsin, Chloe Ellefson delights in losing herself in antiques and folk traditions--and forgetting her messy love life. But her peace is destroyed when her ex-boyfriend unexpectedly turns up, followed by a break-in at her friend Dellyn's historic house--a potential treasure trove of priceless antiques. Was the intruder hunting for the missing Eagle Diamond, a legendary gemstone unearthed in 1876?
When a grisly murder takes place on the museum grounds, Chloe is further drawn into a mystery involving a rare variety of Swiss cheese, a nearly extinct heirloom flower . . . and plain, old-fashioned murderous greed.
The Heirloom Murders won the 2011 Anne Powers Fiction Prize from the Council for Wisconsin Writers.
"Chloe is an appealing character, and Ernst's depiction of work at a living museum lends authenticity and a sense of place to the involving plot."--St. Paul Pioneer Press
"Greed, passion, skill, and luck all figure in this surprise-filled outing."--Publishers Weekly
"Entertainment and edification."--Mystery Scene"Interesting, well-drawn characters and a complicated plot make this a very satisfying read." --The Mystery Reader
About the Author
Kathleen Ernst is an award-winning and bestselling author, educator, and social historian. She has published over thirty novels and two nonfiction books. Her books for young readers include the Caroline Abbott series for American Girl. Honors for her children's mysteries include Edgar and Agatha Award nominations. Kathleen worked as an Interpreter and Curator of Interpretation and Collections at Old World Wisconsin, and her time at the historic site served as inspiration for the Chloe Ellefson mysteries. The Heirloom Murders won the Anne Powers Fiction Book Award from the Council for Wisconsin Writers, and The Light Keeper's Legacy won the Lovey Award for Best Traditional Mystery from Love Is Murder. Ernst served as project director/scriptwriter for several instructional television series, one of which earned her an Emmy Award. For more information, visit her online at KathleenErnst.com.