Heritage of Darkness (Chloe Ellefson Mysteries #4) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Chloe Ellefson Mysteries series.
- #1: Old World Murder (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #1) (Compact Disc): $42.99
- #2: The Heirloom Murders (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #2) (Compact Disc): $44.99
- #3: The Light Keeper's Legacy (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #3) (Compact Disc): $44.99
- #5: Tradition of Deceit (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #5) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #6: Death on the Prairie (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #6) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #7: A Memory of Muskets (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #7) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #8: Mining for Justice (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #8) (Paperback): $15.99
- #9: The Lacemaker's Secret (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #9) (Large Print / Library Binding): $38.74
- #10: Fiddling with Fate (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #10) (Paperback): Email or call for price
Dark Secrets Hidden in Norwegian Traditions
For curator Chloe Ellefson, a family bonding trip to Decorah, Iowa, for rosemaling classes seems like a great idea--until the drive begins. Chloe's cop friend Roelke takes her mother's talk of romantic customs good-naturedly, but it inflates Chloe's emotional distress higher with each passing mile.
After finally reaching Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum, Chloe's resolve to remain positive is squashed when she and Roelke find Petra Lekstrom's body in one of the antique immigrant trunks. Everyone is shaken by the instructor's murder, and when Mom volunteers to take over the beginners' class, Chloe is put in the hot seat of motherly criticism. As she investigates, Chloe uncovers dark family secrets that could be deadly for Mom...and even herself.
Includes photos of featured artifacts from the real Norwegian-American museum
Chloe's fourth...provides a little mystery, a little romance and a little more information about Norwegian folk art and tales.--Kirkus Reviews
About the Author
Kathleen Ernst is an award-winning and bestselling author, educator, and social historian. She has published over thirty novels and two nonfiction books. Her books for young readers include the Caroline Abbott series for American Girl. Honors for her children's mysteries include Edgar and Agatha Award nominations. Kathleen worked as an Interpreter and Curator of Interpretation and Collections at Old World Wisconsin, and her time at the historic site served as inspiration for the Chloe Ellefson mysteries. The Heirloom Murders won the Anne Powers Fiction Book Award from the Council for Wisconsin Writers, and The Light Keeper's Legacy won the Lovey Award for Best Traditional Mystery from Love Is Murder. Ernst served as project director/scriptwriter for several instructional television series, one of which earned her an Emmy Award. For more information, visit her online at KathleenErnst.com.