Tradition of Deceit (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #5) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Chloe Ellefson Mystery series.
- #1: Old World Murder (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #1) (Compact Disc): $42.99
- #2: The Heirloom Murders (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #2) (Compact Disc): $44.99
- #3: The Light Keeper's Legacy (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #3) (Compact Disc): $44.99
- #4: Heritage of Darkness (Chloe Ellefson Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $15.99
- #6: Death on the Prairie (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #6) (Paperback): $14.99
- #7: A Memory of Muskets (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #7) (Paperback): $14.99
- #8: Mining for Justice (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #8) (Paperback): $15.99
- #9: The Lacemaker's Secret (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #9) (Paperback): $15.99
- #10: Fiddling with Fate (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #10) (Paperback): $15.99
Book 5 in the award-winning historical Chloe Ellefson Mystery series
Curator and occasional sleuth Chloe Ellefson is off to Minneapolis to help her friend Ariel with a monumental task. Ariel must write a proposal for a controversial and expensive restoration project: convert an abandoned flour mill, currently used as shelter by homeless people, into a museum. When a dead body is found stuffed into a grain chute, Chloe's attention turns from milling to murder.
Back in Milwaukee, Chloe's love interest Roelke has been slammed with the news that a fellow officer was shot and killed while on duty. Sifting through clues from both past and present, Chloe and Roelke discover dangerous secrets that put their lives--and their trust in each other--at risk.
Ernst keeps getting better with each entry in this fascinating series.--Library Journal
Everybody has secrets in this action-filled cozy.--Publishers Weekly
All in all, a very enjoyable reading experience.--Mystery Scene
A page-turner with a clever surprise ending.--G.M. Malliet, Agatha Award-winning author of The St. Just and Max Tudor Mystery Series
A] haunting tale of two murders...This is more than a mystery. It is a plush journey into cultural time and place.--Jill Florence Lackey, PhD, author of Milwaukee's Old South Side and American Ethnic Practices in the Twenty-First Century
About the Author
Kathleen Ernst is an award-winning and bestselling author, educator, and social historian. She has published over thirty novels and two nonfiction books. Her books for young readers include the Caroline Abbott series for American Girl. Honors for her children's mysteries include Edgar and Agatha Award nominations. Kathleen worked as an Interpreter and Curator of Interpretation and Collections at Old World Wisconsin, and her time at the historic site served as inspiration for the Chloe Ellefson mysteries. The Heirloom Murders won the Anne Powers Fiction Book Award from the Council for Wisconsin Writers, and The Light Keeper's Legacy won the Lovey Award for Best Traditional Mystery from Love Is Murder. Ernst served as project director/scriptwriter for several instructional television series, one of which earned her an Emmy Award. For more information, visit her online at KathleenErnst.com.