A Memory of Muskets (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #7) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Chloe Ellefson Mystery series.
- #1: Old World Murder (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #1) (Compact Disc): $42.99
- #2: The Heirloom Murders (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #2) (Compact Disc): $44.99
- #3: The Light Keeper's Legacy (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #3) (Compact Disc): $44.99
- #4: Heritage of Darkness (Chloe Ellefson Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $15.99
- #5: Tradition of Deceit (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #5) (Paperback): $15.99
- #6: Death on the Prairie (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #6) (Paperback): $14.99
- #8: Mining for Justice (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #8) (Paperback): $15.99
- #9: The Lacemaker's Secret (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #9) (Paperback): $15.99
- #10: Fiddling with Fate (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #10) (Paperback): $15.99
Curator Chloe Ellefson is happily planning to spotlight home-front challenges and German immigrants at Old World Wisconsin's first Civil War reenactment, but her overbearing boss scorns her ideas and proposes staging a mock battle instead. And when a reenactor is found dead at one of the historic site's German farms, Chloe's boyfriend, cop Roelke McKenna, suspects murder.
The more Roelke learns about reenacting, the more he fears that a killer will join the ranks. Then Chloe discovers a disturbing secret about Roelke's Civil War-era ancestors. Together they struggle to solve crimes past and present...before Chloe loses her job and another reenactor loses his life.
Veteran Ernst provides a new perspective on the Civil War woven together with a compelling mystery. --Kirkus Reviews
Extremely well-written.--Suspense Magazine
Kathleen Ernst knows how to spin a tale, weave an intricate plot, and hide clues in the embroidery. A Memory of Muskets takes two stories separated by more than a century and knits them together into one thoroughly satisfying read.--Kathy Lynn Emerson, Agatha Award-winning author of How to Write Killer Historical Mysteries, Murder in the Merchant's Hall, and other historical mysteries
About the Author
Kathleen Ernst is an award-winning and bestselling author, educator, and social historian. She has published over thirty novels and two nonfiction books. Her books for young readers include the Caroline Abbott series for American Girl. Honors for her children's mysteries include Edgar and Agatha Award nominations. Kathleen worked as an Interpreter and Curator of Interpretation and Collections at Old World Wisconsin, and her time at the historic site served as inspiration for the Chloe Ellefson mysteries. The Heirloom Murders won the Anne Powers Fiction Book Award from the Council for Wisconsin Writers, and The Light Keeper's Legacy won the Lovey Award for Best Traditional Mystery from Love Is Murder. Ernst served as project director/scriptwriter for several instructional television series, one of which earned her an Emmy Award. For more information, visit her online at KathleenErnst.com.