Abraham Lincoln: The Making of America #3 (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
- #1: Alexander Hamilton: The Making of America #1 (Paperback): $7.99
- #2: Andrew Jackson: The Making of America #2 (Hardcover): $16.99
- #3: Abraham Lincoln: The Making of America #3 (Hardcover): $16.99
- #4: Susan B. Anthony: The Making of America #4 (Hardcover): $16.99
- #5: Franklin D. Roosevelt (Making of America #5) (MP3 CD): $19.99
- #6: Thurgood Marshall (Making of America #6) (Compact Disc): $39.99
The story of Abraham Lincoln, widely considered America’s greatest president
The third installment of the Making of America series, Abraham Lincoln follows one of our most popular presidents. Even though he grew up on the frontier without a formal education, Abraham Lincoln (1809–1865) worked his way up in the government. He was elected to the Illinois House of Representatives, then to the US House of Representatives, and then he became the 16th president of the United States. During his presidency, he led the United States through the Civil War, brought about the emancipation of the enslaved, and strengthened the federal government. Unlike other biographical works, the Making of America series goes beyond individual narratives and links influential figures to create an overarching story of America’s growth. The books can be read on their own and are also a way to entice young readers to study American history. The book includes selections from Lincoln’s writings, endnotes, a bibliography, and an index.
About the Author
Teri Kanefield is a lawyer and the author of The Girl from the Tar Paper School and the Making of America series, among other books. She lives in San Luis Obispo, California.