The Quilter's Legacy: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel (The Elm Creek Quilts #5) (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
- #1: The Quilter's Apprentice: A Novel (The Elm Creek Quilts #1) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #6: The Master Quilter: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel (The Elm Creek Quilts #6) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #7: The Sugar Camp Quilt: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel (The Elm Creek Quilts #7) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #8: The Christmas Quilt: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel (The Elm Creek Quilts #8) (Paperback): $15.99
- #10: The Quilter's Homecoming: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel (The Elm Creek Quilts #10) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #11: The New Year's Quilt: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel (The Elm Creek Quilts #11) (Paperback): $15.99
- #17: The Union Quilters: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #21: The Christmas Boutique: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel (The Elm Creek Quilts Series #21) (Large Print / Paperback): $19.99
From the New York Times bestselling author of Mrs. Lincoln'’s Dressmaker and the Elm Creek Quilts series comes a moving novel following a daughter’s search for her mother’s treasured heirlooms.
When precious heirloom quilts hand-stitched by her mother turn up missing from the attic of Elm Creek Manor, Sylvia Bergstrom Compson resolves to find them. From scant resources—journal entries, receipts, and her own fading memories—she pieces together clues, then queries quilting friends from around the world. When dozens of leads arrive via the Internet, Sylvia and her fiancé embark on a nationwide investigation of antique shops and quilt museums.
Sylvia’s quest leads her to unexpected places, where offers of assistance are not always what they seem. As the search continues, revelations surface about her mother, who died when Sylvia was only a child. As Sylvia recovers some of the missing quilts and accepts others as lost forever, she reflects on the woman her mother was, and mourns the woman she never knew. For every woman who has yearned to know the untold story of her mother’s life, and for every mother who has longed to be heard, The Quilter’s Legacy resonates with heartfelt honesty as it reveals what tenuous connections bind the generations, and celebrates the love that sustains them.
About the Author
Jennifer Chiaverini is the author of the New York Times bestselling Elm Creek Quilts series, five collections of quilt projects, and several historical fiction novels. A graduate of the University of Notre Dame and the University of Chicago, she lives with her husband and sons in Madison, Wisconsin. To learn more, visit JenniferChiaverini.com.
“This is an outstanding series of novels about a fascinating craft. Quilting, in the hands of Chiaverini, allows us to explore human relationships in all their complexity.”